This weekend, we had a little visit:
One of our friends found a girl kitten in front of her office and decided to bring her from Ohio to be adopted by another of our friends. She stayed here this weekend. She’s cute, and very good at getting into trouble by hiding in very bad places. I’m kinda sad to see her go, but she was a royal pain in the butt, so I’ll get over it. She’s better off anyways, the bigger cats scared her too much.
Sunday was an awesome day, Banditt and I went to a local Airsoft game. This was the first game of the season for me, and this time I think I did pretty good. I got shot out in just about every game except one, and the last game we played left me with a nice swollen lip from a fast BB. So I’ve learned a great many things from this game.
- A tactical vest is worthless in the woods. It’s too hot, constricting, and overall a bad idea.
- A hydration pack, though very useful, can be extremely useless when your staging area is only 2 minutes away.
- A baclava does not stop a bbs when fired from a good airsoft rifle.
- Full seal goggles that “look” like they won’t fog up, probably will.
- Comms are useless if there are only two people using them.
- My airsoft gun can fire almost 100 yards.
- My wife’s MP5K can fire almost a100 yards.
- My SPRING Pistol can fire almost 50 yards.
- Even with the distance, I still have trouble hitting people 🙁
So I’ll be making some modifications to my loadout. First, I need to upgrade my camo to Multicam. I have a Boonie hat, that others said was very hard to see, and since I love being unique, I’m going to go for it. I still have my woodland camo shirt from paintball, so it’s time for one that fits properly. I purchased a pair of FlakJak goggles that Banditt said only fogged up a little bit Sunday. I gotta tell you, being a sniper and not being able to see anything because of fogged lenses really sucks. I also picked up a lower mask to attach to them so that I don’t have a repeat of my last bb encounter. A paintball mask would be great, but I have yet to find one that doesn’t choke me with heat and fog up like crazy. Once I put on the ghillie suit, I’ll need all the breathing room I can get. I got shot in the ear as well, but it wasn’t too bad, so I will continue to wear the recon wrap around the rest of my head.
I figure I can integrate my comms into the mask in such a way so it will be useful but not a mess of wire. HOW exactly I’m going to do that I’m not sure, but it would be nice to make it all look streamlined.
So what else is going on in the land of the Uber-Geek? Not too much. Gotta get some eBay stuff online to justify having the store, though I wish I could sell something FROM the store for a change. I’ve got a box of things that need put online, so we’ll see what happens there.
Right now I’m updating some software, and then I’m going to chill for a bit before bed. It’s nice to be able to relax a bit after work.
–END OF LINE–